Phone (817) 527-5200
Location Dallas / Fort Worth Metroplex (Southlake, Texas)
Fax (866) 876-5883
Connect Download V-Card
John earned his law license through the Texas State Bar in 2015. He also earned an LL.M. in Taxation in 2017.
Before joining R. D. Adair, John worked at a large litigation firm in downtown Dallas and a midsized transactional firm in Arlington. He has counseled clients through entity formation, employment law challenges, complex business contracts, IRS audits, multi-million-dollar real property transactions, and litigation.
FAMILY & INTERESTS:
John and his fiancé enjoy spending time with each other, their two dogs, and one cat. John is a die-hard fan of his alma mater, The Ohio State University, and he has become, begrudgingly, a fan of his fiancé’s alma mater (i.e., Northwestern University). Unless, of course, the two schools are lining up against each other.
John is a food and beverage aficionado due to his first career in hospitality management. For seven years, he managed restaurants, bars, and banquets at various luxury resorts in Phoenix and Sedona, Arizona. In 2010, John passed the Level 1 Exam with The Court of Master Sommeliers. He is currently working on his Level 3 Certification with the Wine & Spirits Education Trust, and he will sit for that exam in December of 2019. Presently, John is a board member of the Tarrant County Restaurant Association.
• The Ohio State University (BA, 2005)
• Texas Tech University School of Law (JD, 2015)
• SMU Dedman School of Law (LL.M. Taxation, 2017)
PROFESSIONAL ACTIVITIES & MEMBERSHIPS:
• State Bar of Texas (Member of Tax Law Section)
• United States District Court – Northern District of Texas
• United States District Court – Southern District of Texas
• Tarrant County Restaurant Association (Board Member)
• State Bar of Texas Tax Section Leadership Academy (2019–2020)
LICENSES & CERTIFICATIONS:
• Attorney (2015)
• Master Court of Sommeliers, Level 1 (2010)
PRESENTATIONS & PUBLICATIONS:
• Is Arbitration Right for Your Employer? – May 16, 2019 – Gulf Coast HR Symposium on HR Issues
• Yes, Red Wine with Fish! – September 19, 2014 – Texas Tech School of Law’s From Water to Wine CLE